Sweet Potato Balls
Squeeze juice from crushed pandan leaves into mashed sweet potatoes.
Add flour and a pinch of salt and mix.
Take a small lump of dough, flatten it, put a few slivers of gula Melaka in the middle and roll into a ball.
Repeat till all the dough is used up.
Boil a pan of water. Drop sweet potato balls into boiling water.
Remove when they rise to the surface, drain and roll in steamed coconut.
- 600 g (1 kt) sweet potatoes – boil in water to which 2 fragrant screwpine leaves (daun pandan) have been added, peel then mash while still warm
- 4 fragrant screwpine leaves (daun pandan) -pound to extract juice
- 4 heaped tbsp plain flour
- 1 block palm sugar (gula Melaka) -cut into little slivers
- 30 g (6 tah) grated coconut – (remove skin) steam with a little salt to prevent the coconut from going sour